The Collaboration Process
We follow a three stage process to identify potential projects, refine their scope and develop collaborative projects to tackle some of the industry’s key challenges.
We want you to respond with innovative ideas to our offshore wind and wave & tidal challenge statements. Our challenges:
- are focused on key priority areas and based on current market needs, i.e. real market and customer potential;
- relate to areas where we are keen to identify and collaborate with innovative companies;
- will evolve and become much more specific through time as we continue to engage with industry and uncover the detail around challenges.
Our suitability assessment provides you with access to ORE Catapult’s experts to assess your proposal with respect to:
- How well it addresses key innovation challenges.
- Its ability to reduce the cost of offshore renewables.
- Its potential to impact on the UK economy.
- ORE Catapult’s ability to add value and accelerate commercialisation by collaborating with you.
The suitability assessment will provide an objective and qualified view on your proposal that could help you secure further investment.
On completion of a successful scoping exercise, a collaborative project will be developed.
If no collaborative project is identified, then ORE Catapult can provide other support, including introducing contacts within support agencies, funding bodies, industry, etc that can support the your commercialisation plans.
Now complete our Expression of interest form