We have standard terms and conditions for contracts with our suppliers which are set out in the following documents:
See our procurement process for more details.
We want to make it as simple as possible for you to do business with the ORE Catapult and the first step is to register your interest on the website.
Opportunities valued above £60,000 will be advertised on the website.
Any opportunities valued at above the current OJEU threshold will be advertised in the Official Journal of European Union, via the website.
Although we are considered a private sector R&D organisation, it is a condition of our funding agreement that we comply with public contracts regulations and therefore we are fully committed to the EU principles of equality of treatment, non-discrimination and transparency.
There may be instances where the we do not advertise contracts or may not seek quotations from the open market. A single supplier solution will only be used in limited circumstances, which include:
- contracts where the total life cost is less than £25,000;
- where as a result of the invitation of competitive tenders, no valid offer or only one valid offer complying with specification has been received; provided always that no significant changes are made to the tender documents that were previously issued;
- where the contract is unique or, after research, only one suitable source of supply can be identified;
- where for reasons of technical complexity or compatibility or for reasons connected to the protection of exclusive rights, subsequent deliveries of equipment or goods or the provision of services require to be purchased from the original supplier;
- where in the case of a supply contract, the goods to be purchased or hired are to be manufactured purely for the purpose of research, experiment, study or development, but not when the goods are to be purchased or hired to establish their commercial viability or to recover their research and development costs;
- when (but only if strictly necessary) for reasons of extreme urgency brought about by events unforeseeable by and not attributable to ORE Catapult;
- where in the case of a services or a supply contract, it is in the interests of ORE Catapult to take advantage of particularly advantageous bargain available for a very short period of time at a price considerably lower than normal market prices;
- where pending the letting of a contract ("the main contract") it is necessary to award a short term contract to cover the period up to the commencement of the main contract.
The Public Contracts Regulations also permits certain general exclusions, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- contracts of employment (except for temporary agency contracts)
- for research and development services unless:
- the benefits are to accrue exclusively to the contracting authority for its use in the conduct of its own affairs; and
- the services are to be wholly paid for by the contracting authority