For a UK economic success story, we need only look beneath the waves. Through its oil and gas industry, the UK has established itself as an underwater technology pioneer with 40% market share in the global underwater energy sector. As the energy transition accelerates, there is an opportunity for offshore renewables to push further expansion and cut-through of UK businesses into global markets.
In this webinar, hosted by the Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE) Catapult, our in-house experts and guest speakers will introduce:
– Four cutting-edge areas of research underway in our research labs and hubs
– New technologies for failure prediction being developed by three leading developers
– Disruptive insurance solutions for the subsea market
You will get your chance to put questions to speakers directly and on ORE Catapult’s LinkedIn page using the #CablesQuestions hashtag.
13.30 – 13.35: Introduction
13.35 – 14.35: The Cutting Edge of Research: Solving four key challenges in subsea cables
This session is led by ORE Catapult and the University of Manchester with presentations from:
– Alex Neumann, Head of High Voltage, ORE Catapult
– Will Brindley, Research Engineer, ORE Catapult
– Charlotte Strang-Moran, ELECTRODE Project Lead, ORE Catapult
– And Professor Simon Rowland, Department of Electric and Electronic Engineering, University of Manchester
14.35 – 14.45: Research Panel Q&A
14.45 – 15.05: Disruptive innovation in subsea cable insurance
Joe Hulm, Director of Post-Loss Advisory, and Michael Bullock, Founding Director of Renewable Risk present some new approaches to insuring subsea cables.
15.05 – 15.15: Insurance Q&A
15.15 – 15.35: The ECG Project: Next Generation Cable Failure Prediction
The host interviews three disruptive technology developers on their new collaboration. On the panel will be representatives of technology innovators Proserv, Synaptec and BPPCS.
15.35 – 15.45: Technology innovation Q&A
15.45 Wrap upRegister here